Monday, February 20, 2006

A Rough Patch Of The Valley - Four Dead In Two Weeks

Panorama City, CA

Sofia Gomez was beaten to death, Ernesta Avena died in a gang related shooting, Adin Godoy was shot in the head. Some random guy turned up in a shopping cart missing his head and hands. Christ, it's been a harsh couple of weeks for the North Hills area, hasn't it?

I can't say I've spent much time in North Hills, but I have to say, it's pretty manky. It exudes that depressing slumlord vibe that you get in places where, well, where people turn up in shopping carts missing their head and hands.

"Still, Panorama City is one of the undiscovered gems in the San Fernando Valley. You go down the street and people smile at you. You come to an intersection and people stop and wave at you."

Yeah. Right before they shoot you in the head.

2 comments:

Aldo said...

Well Stephen its not me this time either...

Stephen Blackmoore said...

You can't fool me, Aldo. I know your M.O. They don't call you Aldo, "The Razor" for nothing. I'm onto you, buddy.