Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Speaking Of Dismembered Bodies...

Just out of curiosity, I did a Google News search for "dismembered body".

I got 310 hits. Iowa, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Gambia, London, Bulgaria. The list goes on.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Where are L.A.'s hacked up corpses? I mean, we've got a reputation to uphold. We've got the goddamn Black Dahlia. Sadly, L.A.'s just not the place for dismemberment anymore. Tack on "Los Angeles" to that search, and you'll get a whopping 4 hits. One of them's actually a Daly City story and another one is for The 1947 Project's Crime Bus.

L.A. doesn't get a whole lot of hacked up corpses. Too much trouble, I suppose. Easier just to roll them up in some cast-off carpeting and chuck them in a ditch off Piuma. No creativity.

So I've got a question for you, dear readers. If you're going to off somebody in L.A., how would you hide the body?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My number one choice? I'll keep that to myself. Just in case. My number two choice? Taco truck in Highland Park. Secret's in the (verde) sauce!