Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dear Christ, I've Been Memed

Damn you, Reed! Damn you to hell!

So, apparently, I've been the victim of a drive-by meming (or is that memeing?). Fine. Four things about L.A. I can do this. I think.

Four Jobs I’ve Had In My Life in LA:
- Lighting technician
- Receptionist
- Software Quality Assurance Geek
- Enforcer for the Hawaiian Mob. Yeah, you may think that we're just eating Spam all the time. That's what we want you to think.

Four Movies About LA I Could Watch Over And Over:
Only four? Fine.
- The Big Sleep
- Chinatown
- L.A. Confidential
- Blade Runner

Four Places I’ve Lived All Over L.A. (With Food Memories From Each):
- Playa Del Rey - The Shack - Nothing like a Shack Burger when you're really hung over. I didn't say there isn't anything beter, just that there isn't anything like it.
- West L.A. - El Pollo Inka up on Wilshire - Nastiest chicken thing I can't pronounce I've ever had, hands down. What? You just said memories, you didn't say good ones.
- Mar Vista - Menagerie - This one's gone, but it used to be on Motor in Palms. They made these fucking incredible soups. And a champagne chicken that you'd sell your left nut and kill your mother for. Really.
- Westchester - Vinnie's Pizza on Lincoln. If it's good enough for the LMU frat boys, it's good enough for me. This sentiment does not, however, extend to funneling cases of Meisterbrau, puking on the neighbor's lawn or running naked down the street with my underwear on fire. Just so you know.

Four LA-Themed Shows I Love(d) To Watch:
Yeesh. I've never really watched much television, but I'll give it a go.
- Emergency! I dug the exclamation point in the title. I'd watch this in reruns after all the Bugs Bunny cartoons were over on Channel 11 after school. And the cartoon version? Pure gold, baby. Pure gold.
- Boomtown - Okay, I only saw, like, two episodes of this, but I thought it was pretty good.
- Angel - Yes, I'm a geek. Deal with it.
- 24 - The first season, I think. Part of it at least. There was this guy, and he did stuff. I think there were Albanians in it. Maybe Chechens. How come the Norwegians are never the bad guys?

Four Places I Would Vacation At In LA:
Why in the hell would I vacation in L.A.? I live here. All right, for the sake of the exercise:
- Camping in Sycamore Canyon - Off of PCH in the Santa Monica mountains
- Camping on Catalina - Nothing says good morning like having your tent eaten by buffalo.
- Camping on Santa Cruz Island - Technically this is in Ventura, isn't it? Bastards.
- I got nothin'.

Four LA-Based Websites I Visit Daily:
- Laobserved.com
- 1947 Project
- BoingBoing
- Laist.com

Four Of My Favorite Foods Found In LA:
- Tito's Tacos - The only burritos and tacos that I will actually stand in line for. In the rain.
- Johnnie's Pastrami - For when the rain is too much or the line too long at Tito's. Or when I've got a hankerin' for chili fries.
- The Stinking Rose - When they call it Forty Clove Chicken they mean it. With a vengeance.
- Moun of Tunis - Dar Maghreb is a cold, unfeeling shadow compared to this place.

Four Places In LA I Would Rather Be Right Now:
- Not at the office
- Over at Synergy Cafe getting some real work done. Now, this begs the question, why is it that I can focus better when I'm stuck in a corner surrounded by a cafe full of people than I can at home in my office with no one around? Must be the coffee.
- Not at this Office, either. Christ, $600 a month? They betetr give complimentary blowjobs they want that much money.
- Okay, maybe this office.

1 comment:

Mack said...

>Damn you, Reed! Damn you to hell!

Too late.

Oh, and Tito's is nice, but Paco's es mas macho.