Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Like My Childhood, But With Less Jail

Antelope Valley, CA

Ya know, Columbine really fucked things up for everybody.

A 17-year-old boy is being charged as an adult with conspiracy to commit murder and possession of ingredients to make a destructive device. Apparently, he and a buddy were planning on carrying out a "Columbine-style" attack at his high school.

They were arrested in December after sheriff's deputies said they found knives, ammunition, a gas mask and bomb-making instructions at their homes.

Sounds like my closet when I was 17. Hell, it sounds like my closet now. Glad I wasn't planning on killing anybody. So far as anyone knows.

3 comments:

Sandra Ruttan said...

I really want to know which one of you posted this.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

That would be me. You know, Stephen. Blame my drill sergeant dad. He's the one who kept all the improvised munitions handbooks and assorted grades of gunpowder under the stairs.

Of course, he's also the one who told me when I was 12, "Here, light this." And we all know what advice like that gets us.

Sandra Ruttan said...

In correspondence you seem so normal...