Monday, June 05, 2006

Like Meeting Your Imaginary Friends

Westwood, CA

Hit The Mystery Bookstore in Westwood, Saturday. Cornelia Read was signing her new book A Field of Darkness.

It's odd meeting people you only know through blogging and email. Cornelia summed it up well. It's like finding out your invisible friends are real. I suddenly felt like Harvey, only without the ears. I suspect I'll be having a lot of moments like that when I hit Thrillerfest later this month.

Ran into Aldo when I was there. Cool guy. Met him once before at Duane Scwier... Suerz... Swerei... That Wheelman guy's signing in Thousand Oaks last year.

Cornelia was fun, personable, gracious, and did I mention fun? And the book's good, too. I knew I was in for a treat the moment I cracked it open and went, "Fuck, why can't I write like this?"

So pick it up. It's well worth the money. Or worth shoplifting if you lean in that direction.

1 comment:

Cornelia Read said...

Dear Stephen,

Got back from LA late last night, and had a great time all around. What a pleasure to meet you Saturday!! Thank you so very much for coming out to the signing--you made it truly wonderful, all around.

xxxx, Cornelia