Friday, July 28, 2006

Death Beats Sex

Los Angeles, CA

This is probably something that only I care about, but I'm a narcissist, so that's okay.

Yesterday was the largest number of hits I've had on this blog for one day. What were people looking for? William Richard Bradford, the Los Angeles serial killer who may be responsible for the murder of potentially dozens of women throughout the Seventies and Eighties.

Before that, the largest number of searches was for Brieanne, The Ultimate Courtesan. Seems some of her ex-customers might not have been aware that she's no longer in business.

I find this interesting for a couple of reasons. First, that it takes something particularly large and heinous to jolt the public away from a middle-aged prostitution ring, and second, that it took the majority of the mainstream media over a day to beat me in the Google rankings on this story.

I'm not sure which of these two things bothers me more.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled vice and murder.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Even weirder. I didn't hear one word about this on the news here in sleepy little Phoenix. One would think that the murder of over 50 women in Arizona's favorite weekend vacation spot might muster up a sound bite at least.