Wednesday, July 26, 2006

If It Looks Like A Serial Killer, And Smells Like A Serial Killer...

Los Angeles, CA

Looks like we're already getting some hits on the missing women linked to William Richard Bradford. David Markland over at Blogging.LA has a good rundown on the progress so far.

They've identified one of the women in the photos as Donnalee Campbell Duhamel who was found in Malibu with her head cut off in 1978.

What strikes me about those photos is how generically Seventies and Eighties they are. The feathered hair, the Pat Benatar makeup. They could be just about any Farrah Fawcett wannabe who posed for a cheesecake shot back then.

I think they'll identify maybe half a dozen, if that. After twenty-five years things start to get a little murky.

5 comments:

Kim Mizar-Stem said...

It reminds me of seeing the photos of the women Ted Bundy killed....all of them had the same look. Very eerie!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Farrah Fawcett and Pat Benatar... yeah, sums it up right there.

JT Ellison said...

#53, on the left -- Isn't that Kim Cattrell???
Jez, what story. I always wondered about this guy -- it was a big leap that the murders were his first. Thanks for doing stories on it!

M. G. Tarquini said...

What will make the difference is if family members spot the photos.

inkgrrl said...

Ok, so what does it say about me in the 80's that you asked me if any of those women was me? The not-dead women, I mean. Yes, my syntax is off... it's all the chocolate vodka, babe.