Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Don't Fuck With The Free Press

Victorville

Fugitive murderer and rapist, John Wayne Thomson, who made an apearance here yesterday is now safely behind bars, after being taken down by a pair of reporters. Apparently, Rey Bantug and Joe Iskandar of the Victorville Daily Press are moonlighting as crimefighters these days, and tackled him as he was trying to snag another car.

For the record, that takes balls. The man is accused of murdering three people, two in Washington and one here, is a three time convicted rapist and has spent most of his life behind bars or in psychiatric hospitals.

I wonder, did they shit their pants when they realized who they had?

6 comments:

angie said...

Yowza! No wonder so many reporters turn to crime fiction writing. They've had plenty of experience.

Yanno, Stephen, I love the weird, sick crime shit you have here. It's awful, but often funny & almost always makes me feel better. Guess I'm just sick that way...

Brett Battles said...

Yes Angie. You are sick that way. But you're in good company with Stephen.

Kim Mizar-Stem said...

That is hilarious! I love when regular people kick the shit out of the bad guy!!!

darleene said...

Actually, weren't they pressmen?
http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_220194049.html

JM Burns said...

I agree ... now, if we could just get somebody to tackle Rummy. If fact, I'd put a fiver in the pot.

Elizabeth said...

OMG, this story warms my heart! I love it even more knowing these two guys were pressmen! And in Victorville, no less!