Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Armed, Dangerous And Metrosexual

Downey, CA

There's this guy targeting nail salons in Downey. Hit three of them in the last month. One of them twice. He walks in, pulls a gun, demands cash from the till and wallets from the customers.

So, why nail salons? Have you ever seen a pissed off Vietnamese woman? I don't care what kind of gun you've got, these are not people to fuck with.

The suspect is described as a Latino in his 20s, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall. 150 to 160 pounds. Black hair.

And immaculate nails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this a lot, thanks for writing it.

In Toronto apparently there's a "salon mafia" that runs most of the hair salons in town. The person who told me this when I lived there (of dubious veracity) said the family was from Calabria in Italy. I guess I don't care if it's true or not, but I really like the concept.

I had forgotten about this until I read this post, so thanks. Hair salon mafia. A man could do a lot with an idea like that....

Anonymous said...

Couldn't resist: "This man is armed and considered dangerous. Do not attempt to do his nails yourself."