Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Steak And A Blowjob Day

Los Angeles, CA

February 14th. The day when men scramble for that last, wilted rose at the Safeway checkout, that final, bent card where you have to scribble out "Mom" and hope your girlfriend doesn't notice. That day where droves of harried boyfriends and husbands wonder, yet again, what's so special about that special someone that a $20.00 handjob couldn't satisfy.

Cards, flowers, chocolates, jewelry. Really, what's in it for them? When was the last time a guy sat in his cubicle at work and fumed because his girflriend didn't send him a dozen Peruvian roses, hand-picked by third world laborers, whip marks still freshly stung on their backs?

Hence, Steak And A Blowjob Day.

Anyway, in celebration of the day made popular by Al Capone in 1929 here are a few thoughts on love from days past here at L.A. Noir. Okay, maybe not love per se, but you get the idea.
In other news, the Winter edition of Demolition Magazine is out today, featuring fiction by Ed Lynskey, David J. Montgomery, James McGowen, John Stickney, Anthony Rainone, Keith Gilman, Rob Kramer, and Peggy Ehrhart.

And in other, other news, there's one day left to vote for your favorite Heavy Metal Noir story over at Hillbillies And Hitmen.

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody. And remember, nothing says I love you like a ballgag and a paddle.

8 comments:

Hulles said...

I got my girlfriend a gift subscription to L. A. Noir. I'm saving the ballgag etc. for somebody I like.

Just kidding. I neither have a girlfriend nor do I expect to meet anyone I like anytime soon. I do have a ballgag, though.

anne frasier said...

no butt plugs?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Whatever turns ya on, babe. Whatever turns ya on.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Hulles waves his butt plugs at Jehovah's Witnesses.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like a set of nipple clamps, a bag of M&Ms and a fifth of Allen's coffee brandy. That's how we spell romance in Maine.

JT Ellison said...

Oh Stephen, god bless ya. That has to be the best blog title I've ever seen.

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope your steak and blowjob were well done.

inkgrrl said...

The Baby Jesus Butt Plug is really the way to go.

*insert witty quip about sticking it to The Man that I'm too undercaffeinated to figger out right now*

FYI - Steak and a Blow Job Day is in March. Right before the Ides. Lull 'em into a false sense of security...

Ron said...

In honour of such a great holiday, I offer the following Not-For-Hallmark greetings….

It’s March 14th
You know what that means
I’ll gobble your knob
And juggle your beans
Now eat your steak
Like a good little chum
And when you’re all finished
I’ll swallow your cum!

For more information about this wonderful holiday, make sure to visit: www.SteakAndBJ.com.