Monday, March 05, 2007

Curse You, Influenza

Bryon Quertermous and Dave White put this thing together a while back where a bunch of people would all write a short story based on a particular theme and post them on their blogs all on the same day.

This year is the third Blog Project and they have brought together a whole slew of excellent writers to contribute.

You'll notice, I'm not one of them.

I had planned on doing one. Had it mostly worked out. I mean, come on, this year it was flash fiction. I can do less than a thousand words standing on my head. I apparently, however, can't do more than a couple when I'm running a 102 degree fever for two days straight. Who'da thunk?

So as I pull myself up from this NyQuil induced slumber and claw my way to consciousness (the pain. The PAIN!) I realize that I've missed the boat. Seriously, I feel like I've been shit through a rhino. Spent a chunk of Saturday night packed in ice. Fun times.

So, if I can't join 'em, I can at least support 'em. Here's the list that Mr. Quertermous was kind enough to send out of all the Blog Project links he's gotten so far:Enjoy the stories folks. I'm going back to bed.

8 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

Neil Young wrote "Cinnamon Girl" "Cowgirl in the Sand" and "Down By the River" in one afternoon with a temp of 103, ya big puss.

Seriously, though, hope you feel better.

Mike said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the bug. Hope you're feeling better soon.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Sorry not to see you there. Your bog entry here was pretty compelling though.

Christa M. Miller said...

Aw, that sucks, Stephen. I was looking forward to what you'd come up with. I hope you feel better soon.

Hulles said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Daniel Hatadi said...

All I can think to say is: "VENTURA! Yes ... Satan?"

And get better, mate.

David Terrenoire said...

I let the WIP and a meeting with the producers to discuss a (grumble) rewrite on the (grumble) screenplay* to get in the way of my submission.

I like your excuse better.

Next year, Stephen. Next year.

Don't die. Get better.

*But I did get a check.

Jen said...

Well that explains it. I haven't seen you hanging around Hulles lately and I got worried that perhaps in your attempt to make me the video you owe me something happened. Hope you feel better soon!