Saturday, April 07, 2007

Can We Do This For Children, Now?

Los Angeles, CA



Isaak Gowhari, 34, was arrested in November for animal abuse after he surrendered a 7-month-old doberman pinscher that he had been regularly beating.  The dog had broken ribs, evidence of healed ribs and injuries to her leg, snout and head.



Now, he's getting jail time.
"Gowhari told the animal shelter workers that he was surrendering the dog because his hands hurt from hitting the animal," said Los Angeles Animal Control Officer Ernesto Poblano, a member of the Los Angeles Animal Cruelty Task Force (ACTF).
Yeah, he's a real winner, that Isaak. He's getting 45 days in County, 45 days of community service, 48 hours counseling and 36 months of probation.



Oh, and he can't own a pet for three years. That'll show him.

4 comments:

David Terrenoire said...

I hope his fellow inmates' hands hurt like hell after this asshole's 45 days.

Anonymous said...

Animal Cruelty is wrong. I'm an animal lover. I love my horse and my goats dearly. But unfortunately, many times the media only hears a portion of the story. The full story is never known. I'm sure no one is willing to hear it because it's much easier to accuse someone than to make justice. Think about the times someone has pointed a finger at you or has falsely accused you. God will be the one to judge. There's no need for so much hatred. The individuals wishing bad upon others are doing so without knowing the facts. We have seen how the media has split families and crushed lives because of the lack of information. They are doing their jobs but have no knowledge of the full story. I was a victim of the media in my younger years and was devastated. I had no proof that I was innocent and had no money for an attorney. I had to accept what was coming to me and just waited until justice was made. I am now an old lady and am marked for something that I didn't even do.

All we can hope for is that if this gentleman is guilty, God will do justice. But WE, can't judge without hearing both sides and seeing the evidence.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Terrenoire, you should let God be the first to judge. I'm sure your message was posted without knowing the full story. The media usually reports a phrase and not the full story. Hope you're never a victim of the media. God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I really think anyone who abuses any creature be it human or other creatures should be put through the same torture they handed out to their victims.