Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

As a good friend of mine just reminded me, it's Zombie Jesus Day. Also known as "Yeaster (so-called because Jebus is Risen)."

Yeah, that one hurt me, too.

Anyway, go forth and eat lots of chocolate brains, hard-boiled chicken ova, and slay your sacrificial bunny to the pagan gods and goddesses on this Spring Fertility Rite Festival Whatchamacallit.

And remember, if Jesus comes out of his cave and sees his shadow there will be 6 more weeks of... something. Debauchery? Guilt? Fuck if I know, I'm an atheist.

You Christians are wacky.

5 comments:

Christa M. Miller said...

Oh, that just made my whole shitty weekend. I laughed out loud, which I don't think I've done in the last 48 hours. Thank you!

The irony is, I'm a Catholic... who hasn't been to church all Lent, including this one of two biggest Holy Days of Obligation. Going straight to hell, I am. Will it be an improvement?

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

At least I won't be lonely in hell.

Anonymous said...

If there is a Hell ALL of the fun people are going there. See you at happy hour!

Stephen Blackmoore said...

And there I'll be snuffed out like the proverbial candle. Y'all have a good time down there, and if it turns out I'm wrong, I'll join you for a pint.

David Terrenoire said...

And to think I stood close to you for the greater part of a Phoenix weekend.

I'm skeert of lightning.