Friday, May 18, 2007

This Is Not Sparta

Lake View Terrace

Sometimes people just go a little wacky. For some reason this seems to involve fire, blades, guns or camo. Sometimes you get all four.
Police say paramedics were called to the church Tuesday night when a man dressed in army fatigues attacked another with a sword.
Seems he also set fire to a couple of houses on church property, too.

So, why a sword? What makes someone think that a sword is the best choice for this sort of thing? Did he watch too much 300? Kill Bill a few too many times? I'm sure someone will bring video and role playing games into this at some point, the lack of mental health facilities or blame it on the Amish.

Okay, maybe I'm the only one who will blame it on the Amish. They're shifty fuckers, those Amish. And I can make fun of them here and not worry about them showing up on my doorstep with a buggy whip and a wooden rake to put some Pennsylvania Dutch Country smackdown on my ass.

2 comments:

angie said...

I dunno, dude. Ya really don't wanna piss off the Amish. I hear those wooden rakes are the least of your worries. Just wait until they start raising a barn on yer ass.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Or a quilting bee.

Dude, you are so fucked now.