Monday, August 06, 2007

Tooting My Own Horn

Hey, if I could do that, I'd never leave the house.

Jason Evans over at The Clarity of Night held a flash fiction contest. 250 words or less based on an amazing photo Jason took of a forest scene. He's a one hell of a photographer. Anyway, I submitted this.

I'm told I won. Unfortunately, the Corporate Overlords who control my internet access for the next few hours have deemed such pesky things as blogs as not worthy of access (thank god for email posting). So I can't check. But if you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think. I'm rather proud of it myself.

9 comments:

Christa M. Miller said...

You should be proud, Stephen. It's a great little story. I'm in total agreement with one commenter about the religious imagery. Nice work!

c.s. said...

So much is told in so few words. Yours is one fantastic piece. Congratulations, Stephen! :)

jason evans said...

Congratulations Stephen!! Your double win is more than deserved.

I will be forwarding your prizes shortly.

angie said...

That totally rocked, Stephen! Very tight, nothing wasted, yet evocative as...something very, very evocative. oh, and creepy (of course). Congrats!

JD Rhoades said...

Took my breath away with the first sentence and never gave it back. Good stuff.

John McAuley said...

Stephen: My favorite line could be a bit of a spoiler so I won't quote it...
Great story and a well deserved double win! [It also won the Readers Choice]

John McAuley

David Terrenoire said...

I'm with Dusty.

That first sentence kicked me in the head. Nicely done, Stephen. Maybe we'll let you hang out with us again.

Of course, you still have to buy the drinks.

Daniel Hatadi said...

And it's a damned fine horn, too. Well done, Stephen.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Damn.