Friday, September 28, 2007

Tag! You're It

Minneapolis, MN

Last Wednesday, I posted a story about the murder of Liya Lu, and Isaac Campbell, who was wanted in connection with her death. That post has managed to grab, as of right now, 34 fascinating posts, including details of the discovery of the body before they were released to the local news outlets.

So much for that coroner's security hold.

Anyway, Mr. Campbell had a warrant out for his arrest and was finally picked up yesterday in, of all places, Minneapolis.

Huh. I can think of a lot of places to go to hide from the cops and not one of them is Minneapolis (sorry, Anne). I'm assuming he was on his way to Canada, but still.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god they caught him. Just saw a blurb on the news about it. Maybe now the details of the case can come out.

Anonymous said...

This guy was actually my personal trainer until about 3 months ago and I am completely in shock. Hadn't read about his missing girlfriend until today. He was a very nice guy and obviously something snapped.

Anonymous said...

I knew him a few years back and I would of never thought that he could do something like that. A total shock still if he did this crime he need to do the time no matter how nice he was in the past.

Anonymous said...

I spoke to Isaac sometime in July, after he had stopped showing up for our training sessions about a month earlier. He sounded like he was in some kind of downward spiral. Had been an "A" student in the PCC nursing program and now was flunking out. I had no idea that things had spun so far out of control. He used to talk lovingly about Liya, but obviously he had serious personal problems that evolved into this tragedy. He surely needs to pay for this murder. It seems pretty clear that he did it. The whole thing makes me very sad.

Anonymous said...

Im surprised that no one has commented that Isaac was in Minnesota hiding out with his friend big bri. I only know people who know him and i knew this.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Well, you know what they say. Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Makes you wonder if Big Bri knew about all this.

Anonymous said...

I am sure the darbys did....

Anonymous said...

So did he chop her up, or what?