The inimitable (trust me on this, I've tried - I just can't do that Matlock Country Lawyer twang) J.D. Rhoades, he of the excellent and wonderfully violent Jack Keller series, has tagged me with that whole "meme" thing. You know, the one where you're supposed to reveal a few unusual facts about yourself?
Well, I'm dull and uninteresting, so this might take a while.
1. I have this habit of forgetting about inconsequential events. Thing is, my definition of "inconsequential" encompasses things like car accidents, assaults and hospital visits. This is why my wife doesn't believe me when I tell her nothing important happened during my day.
2. I am descended from Hawai'ian royalty. That and a hula skirt might get me a job as a tour bus operator on the Big Island. Maybe.
3. The Methodists kicked my family out of their church. I have no idea why. I mean, seriously, what do you have to do to piss off the Methodists?
4. I am an atheist. Now that I think about it, that might have had something to do with #3.
5. When someone hands you a loooong match and tells you to light a biiiig pile of gunpowder, take the hint and stand back. Just sayin'.
6. I am almost completely deaf in my right ear. This and number 5 are, oddly enough, unrelated.
7. My first car was an aqua green Honda Accord CVCC that would periodically catch fire. Fun on the freeway. People really like to get out of your way when you're on fire for some reason.
8. I was born on Guy Fawkes Day. I find it much easier to celebrate the foiled attempt to bring down an entire government than I do my actual birthday. Imagine how screwed up I'd be if I'd been born on Groundhog Day.
And so, in the spirit of communicable diseases, I pass this along to my buddy David Terrenoire.