Friday, February 27, 2009

Writerly Stuff This Weekend

Book 'Em Mysteries - 1118 Mission St., South Pasadena, CA 91030 626-799-9600

Friday, February 27, 5.00p.m.

Peter Robinson signs All the Colors of Darkness
Detective Inspector Alan Banks returns in another electrifying novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of "Friend of the Devil." A beautiful June day in the Yorkshire Dales, and a group of children discover a man's body hanging from a tree. DCI Alan Banks soon finds himself plunged into a shadow-world where nothing is what it seems, where secrets and deceit are the norm, and where murder is seen as the solution to a problem.
Isn't murder always the solution to a problem? Or is that chocolate cake? I always get those two mixed up.

Which can get really awkward, believe me.

Saturday February 28, 12:00 noon

Dianne Emley signs The Deepest Cut
Back from the dead. That's how it feels for Nan Vining-a Pasadena homicide cop, a struggling single mother, and a woman determined to find the brutal madman who left her for dead a year ago. Now, in Dianne Emley's brilliant new thriller, Nan Vining must face the truth: her attacker is still out there and he's killed at least three other women.
Ever notice how madman are always brutal? Single mothers are always struggling?

My mom asks me why I can't write "happy stories". With, like pink unicorns and shit. You know why I don't write happy stories? BECAUSE THEY'RE BORING.

And unicorns frighten me.

===

Mysteries To Die For - 2940 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks, California 91362

Saturday, February 28, 11:00 a.m.

Peter Robinson signs All the Colors of Darkness

If you're over on the county line you might want to catch Mr. Robinson here tomorrow morning.

Saturday, February 28, 1:00 p.m.

Dianne Emley signs The Deepest Cut

More brutal madmen and single mothers than you can shake a stick at. Is there really a limit on how many people you can shake a stick at? "Sorry, sir, no more stick shaking for you. You've reached your limit."

Unless they mean... Oh. Okay, sure, in some states.

===

The Mystery Bookstore - 1036-C Broxton Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024

Friday, February 27, 12:00 noon

Peter Robinson AND LUNCH signs All the Colors of Darkness

Yeah, I know. The lunch isn't signing, he is. Fucking grammar nazis.

But you can eat lunch! Today! Right there in the store! With the author! And ask him questions with your mouth full of food so all he hears is "Affmuaff nom nom nom" and maybe has to duck a piece of flying pastrami! Dear god, stop me! from using the!!se exclamation po!nts before I kill again!!!11!!

Sorry. I haven't had enough coffee. Which is probably a good thing. This is me uncaffeinated. Good thing I don't do cocaine. I'd probably phase through the floor or something.

Saturday, February 28, 5:30pm

Diane Emley signs The Deepest Cut

Yep, same Diane Emley as the ones above. Unless there are two of them. Evil twin, maybe? I hope not. I don't think a goatee would suit her.

Now, Linda at the Mystery Bookstore recommends this book. In fact, it's listed as LINDA'S OTHER ADULT FAVORITE. All caps. Just like that.

And I could take that phrase sooo many different ways. But I won't.

Because I'm classy.

1 comment:

Gerard said...

I was going to make a snide comment but I changed my mind. I'll leave this worthless message since I am already here at the posting page.