Sunday, October 18, 2009

And You Thought I Was Dead

No such luck. Sorry. You're stuck with me. Like a bad rash.

Been up to my ass in alligators as they say. Swamp drainage ain't what it used to be.

But enough about my sorry ass, let's talk about dead people.

Like over in Marina Del Rey. You ever see those dead body Halloween decorations where people hang them from trees, stick them halfway out of the ground or hang them over a balcony railing for four days before somebody goes, "Hey, I don't think that's a dummy," and then they call the cops and the cops go, "Dude, you're so totally right," and it turns out that it's some guy who shot himself in the head and nobody noticed the entire time because, hey, who checks on old people, right?

Yep. Four days. Mostafa Mahmoud Zayed, 75, of Marina Del Rey. Gunshot to the head.

Happy Halloween, everybody.

Or, Guillermo Marinero, 28, in Monrovia who turned himself into police after strangling his girlfriend, Theresa Cardoza, 28, in a car.

Domestic dispute. Guy's got no criminal record. At least he surrendered on his own. That's something, right? No? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Then we've got a murder-suicide in La CaƱada Flintridge. No word yet on who shot who. Or is that whom? I can never remember.

And to round off the depressing, we have a mom in South L.A. who has a freak-out and shoots her kids. Multiple times.

Right. Now I remember. This is why I've been away so long.

2 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

There's a lot going on in Southern California.

Anonymous said...

sounds like the Despair Squid paid a visit...

-Nomi-