Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For

Turkey Day. Or Ham Day if you're sick of turkey, or Frozen Dinner Day if you're tired of cooking or Stand In Line And Get At Least One Good Meal This Year Day if you're homeless and living in a major metropolitan area.

That's right, folks, it's Thursday! Or something. All I know is I got a pie here and I know how to use it. So back the fuck off.

Anyway, it's supposed to be one of those days where we give thanks for all the good things, the silver linings, the bad things that didn't turn into worse things, the good things that stayed good things and the things that might be good things if we give them half a chance to not be bad things disguising themselves as good things that then morph into the bad things they really are like Voltron or a werewolf or a Voltron Werewolf but really aren't.

I think I lost track there.

Point is that it's Thanksgiving. A time to, you know, give thanks. As opposed to presents like on Yule, Christmas, National Spank A Consenting Adult Day While Wearing A Gladiator Uniform And She's Got A Rubber Nun's Habit On.

I don't know about you, but I got a lot of Days.

And I got a lot to be thankful for.

I am not on fire.

I have no major illnesses of which I am currently aware that will make my head burst like that guy's in Videodrome.

My wonderful and amazing wife, who doesn't get just how wonderful and amazing and talented a writer she is.

I know where my pants are, including my Emergency Pants.

No one has actively threatened to kill me or desire my head on a platter (that I know of) for at least a couple of months now. Give or take.

My dogs are okay, my family is (more or less) intact, no one is currently screaming, "DEAR GOD, GET THE MONKEYS OFF ME! THE MONKEYS! MY EYES! GYAAAAAAGHHHH!" That comes later.

That I actually sold a novel. Hell, that I've been given the opportunity to write another one for money. Real money, not like those counterfeit hundreds I give out to the strippers, either.

For all the new friends I've made. People who, for some reason, have my back, despite (or maybe because of) the fact that I've never actually met most of them.

For the opportunity to be helping out on Needle with some very cool people.

Did I mention that I'm not on fire? I think that's kind of an important point.

And lots of other things I'm just not caffeinated enough to remember.

How about y'all? What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

inkgrrl said...

I am eternally thankful for you. And that you are not on fire.