Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hey, Did I Mention You Can Order My Book Now?

I found out the other day that my first novel, CITY OF THE LOST, is available for pre-order on Amazon. In the UK, even. I'm not sure what the plans are fir digital, yet, but I'd fully expect there to be a Kindle edition at the very least.

The release date is January 3rd, 2012. I've got an ISBN and everything.

Shit's gettin' real, yo.

There's no cover art, yet, but I've seen the prelim sketches. I don't know how much I can talk about it, I'm still a little unclear on how this whole thing works, but I will say that it fucking rocks. They wanted to get a comic artist to do it and asked me who I wanted.

And then they got him.

Yeah, the people at DAW officially fall into the category of gods.

As soon as I know I can talk about it and post pictures I fucking well will. Believe me, you won't be able to get me to shut up about it.

The book's coming out in trade paperback and it is going to be gorgeous.

"But!" I hear you say, "I don't care about the cover. Is it crime? Is it urban fantasy? Is it sparkly unicorns with top hats fellating porcupines and prancing about the Maypole? I want to know what the book is ABOUT!"

And the answers are "Yes," "Yes," and "Keep your sick fetishes to yourself. Believe me, we're full up over here as it is."
Joe Sunday’s dead. He just hasn’t stopped moving yet.

Sunday’s a thug, an enforcer, a leg-breaker for hire. When his boss sends him to kill a mysterious new business partner, his target strikes back in ways Sunday could never have imagined. Murdered, brought back to a twisted half-life, Sunday finds himself stuck in the middle of a race to find an ancient stone with the power to grant immortality. With it, he might live forever. Without it, he’s just another rotting extra in a George Romero flick.

Everyone’s got a stake, from a psycho Nazi wizard and a razor-toothed midget, to a nympho-demon bartender, a too-powerful witch who just wants to help her homeless vampires, and the one woman who might have all the answers — if only Sunday can figure out what her angle is.

Before the week is out he’s going to find out just what lengths people will go to for immortality. And just how long somebody can hold a grudge.
It's very dark, it's very violent. I do things to midgets.

I mean in the book, not... Okay, there was that one time, but I was really drunk.

10 comments:

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

Most excellent! I don't know why, but for some reason out of all the books available to me last week for purchase and pre-order your book is the only one that still has me grinning from ear to ear like a little school girl. I'm very excited for you, Mr. Blackmoore. "Squeeeeeee!"

le0pard13 said...

Very cool, Stephen. Way to go. Any book signing opportunities associated with the release?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Thank you, Sabrina! I'm rather excited about it myself. It's a very weird feeling.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

No signings set up, yet. I'm a little at sea on how to go about that, oddly enough.

And since The Mystery Bookstore had its sad demise I'm not sure where to start.

But I'll have it figured out before then.

Mike Sperry said...

Congratulations! But when did you start spelling your name with just one "o"?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Amazon misspelled it and it looks like their algorithm has linked it to the Blackmore with one O, who's a botanist.

I'm working to get it corrected. I have it linked to my author page so that's a first step.

M. C. Funk said...

This just gets more exciting. My check's in the mail. Thanks for the spike in heart rate and the gritty reads to come.

Steve Weddle said...

excellent

Kieran Shea said...

soon as i get home, i'm ordering.

John Hornor said...

Can't wait to see the full cover, since I've already read the book. But it's gonna be awesome.