Sunday, December 04, 2011

Holy Shit, It's A Book Launch - CITY OF THE LOST signing at Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach

Yes, boys and girls it's actually finally really fucking here.

My first novel, CITY OF THE LOST comes out in January. And we'll be launching it Friday, January 6th into the stratosphere where it will explode into a thousand, flaming-

Wait. No. I've just been told that the fire marshal has nixed that plan.

Fine. FINE. Instead, we'll set it loose onto the Pacific like the fighting ships of old and-

Sorry, no again. Apparently being a trade paperback it's not much of a floater.

Okay, look. I'll be at Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach (2810 Artesia Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278) on Friday, January 6th at 7:30pm. We'll have books there. It is a bookstore, after all.

And I'll be drunk. NO. No, I'll be signing. Books. MY books. Or book. Singular. I mean, I've only written one, so far. But I'll be signing more than one copy. It'd be kind of silly to have people come down, scribble my name once and then send them all away, now wouldn't it?

I'll probably sign somebody else's book too, if you like. I can do a pretty passable Neil Gaiman scrawl. I mean, it won't fool the bank or anything. Or him. Or anybody, come to think of it. Hell, if that were the case I wouldn't be doing this writing thing in the first place, now would I?

So come on down, invite your friends. Buy a book. Learn to forge my arthritic scrawl. Listen to me read. In English!

There will be swearing, stammering, occasional flatulence!

There might even be cake.*

So pop on by that Friday night and join me for an evening of books, books and more books. And occasional signage.





*My lawyer would like me to inform you that this is not in any way an actual guarantee of the presence of cake, pastries, pies, cookies, rugala, malasadas, croissants, crullers, jelly donuts, Belgian waffles, Bavarian cremes, or any and all cake like objects.

7 comments:

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

*throws confetti* Don't forget to take photos...

John Hornor said...

Wish I could be there, man!

Mike Sperry said...

Congratulations! Better limber up that scribbling hand.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congratulations!

Naomi Hirahara said...

I will be there!

utenzi said...

I just finished reading your book before work this morning. It's fantastic. Hack? Not a chance. You're up there with all the other luminaries of crime (and zombie) fiction.

Private Investigator said...

Hello; great publish for me. Your publish has pretty good quality. I need to has pretty good posts like yours at my website. How don’t you arrive around these posts?