Tuesday, January 03, 2012

In Which A Book Is Released And I Extol The Virtues Of The Independent Bookstore

So today's the day. CITY OF THE LOST is finally out.

When I first told my family that I had a book coming out a cousin of mine asked, "Are they going to sell it in bookstores?"

I expected that question. I'm something of the black sheep round these parts so it wasn't surprising. She's not mean, she's just different from me and coming from her it was a valid question.

And so I didn't say, "No, I'm going to drive around and sell copies out of the back of a van like they were puppies."

Yes, you can actually buy it in bookstores, like my favorite local, Mysterious Galaxy. Here's a link to the book if you want to order a copy or, better yet, go down to one of their stores in Redondo Beach or San Diego and grab a copy.

Why? Why would I ask you get out of that comfy chair and brave the traffic?

Well, Mister Dave White has kindly allowed me to usurp his spot over at Do Some Damage today to talk about it.

Hop on over there and I'll tell you all about it.

3 comments:

le0pard13 said...

Congrats, Stephen. It's a great day, indeed. Tell me, are you going to be doing an new book signing stints? I'm interested in picking up the novel and having the author give it an autograph. Thanks.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Thanks.

I'm actually going to be signing this Friday night at Mysterious Galaxy in Redondo Beach and at their San Diego store Saturday afternoon.

http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/stephen-blackmore-signs-RB-0106

http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/stephen-blackmoore-signs-san-diego

le0pard13 said...

Great timing! I haven't been to the new Myst Galaxy book store so I'll be killing two birds with one stone. See you Friday in Redondo Beach.