Monday, January 09, 2012

In The Wild

So the book went live last week.

And it's been getting some cross-genre love.

Paul Goat Allen dug it over on Explorations, the Barnes & Noble SciFi and Fantasy Blog and Jed Ayres had some nice things to say over at Ransom Notes, the Barnes & Noble Mystery Blog.

To be honest I've been a little worried about how either genre camp was going to take the book. Not everybody likes chocolate in their peanut-butter, after all. It's nice to see it getting this kind of reception from both sides.

Then I did signings over the weekend at Mysterious Galaxy in Redondo Beach and San Diego.

The RB store was the book launch and mostly had people I knew. A couple strangers came by, which was nice. It was pretty full and VERY surreal. I think something like 20 people? Give or take? Plus I think I pissed off my sister-in-law by teaching my nephew some new swear words.

So that's a win.

San Diego had more people than I expected, which is to say more than zero. Two lovely people, Christine and... Kevin? I think, showed up and we spent an hour talking about zombies. It was a lot of fun and totally worth it.

The staff at both stores are fantastic people. I had a blast at both signings and actually sold some books. Which was, you know, the point.

In all, this whole book thing seems to be going well. Who'da thunk?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

"Not everybody likes chocolate in their peanut-butter, after all."

No, just the best people; the same ones who'll love CITY OF THE LOST. ;-)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Best wishes for a great success!

le0pard13 said...

The Redondo Beach launch at Myst Galaxy was a blast, Stephen -- and I think you did teach my daughter some new swear words as well, come to think about it. We didn't mention that to her mother when we returned home that night, thank you very much ;-). Needless to say, both she and I had a great time.

I'm sure CITY OF THE LOST is going to do well. Thanks.

PaddyWagon said...

Congratulations! Crossing those genres... you've managed to walk a razor's edge without getting bloodied, you should be proud indeed.