Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Noir At The Bar: Here We Go Again

Ladies And Gentlemen of Legal Drinking Age lend me your ears! Oh, don't be like that. It's not like I'm asking for money. And I'll give you your ears back.

Maybe.

Gather round and take heed! For next Sunday, March 25th at 8:00PM we are doing yet another Noir At The Bar. This is our fourth go round and our second year, and we got no plans of stopping.

A finer group of miscreants you won't find outside of Pitchess Detention Center

Yep, we'll be at The Mandrake again in Culver City getting boozed up and listening to outstanding writers tell their stories of vengeance, deceit, tragedy and pain.

This time we've got Hilary Davidson (THE NEXT ONE TO FALL), Gary Phillips (THE UNDERBELLY), Gar Anthony Haywood (ASSUME NOTHING), Johnny Shaw (DOVE SEASON), and Jordan Harper (too many stories to get into).

So come on down, get lit and listen to some beautifully written and amazingly fucked up tales.

8:00pm, Sunday, March 25th at The Mandrake Bar: 2692 S La Cienega Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034

There's no cover, the drinks are cheap (for L.A.) and Mysterious Galaxy will be on hand with the authors' books available for purchase.

Hope to see y'all there.

3 comments:

Bryon Quertermous said...

Bah I hate you all and your gatherings without me. If I were less of a lazy man I'd get N@B Detroit cooking.

Wendy Wagner; said...

Dang it. I really need to live closer.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Wendy, you absolutely should come down for one of these.

And Bryon, it's fucking Detroit. You don't get anymore goddamn noir than Detroit. Get off the stick, you slacker, and get it going.

Hell, Lindenmuth has been talking Baltimore. You want that poseur to beat you to the next one?

I didn't think so.