Thursday, February 07, 2013

No, Seriously. Stay Away From This Guy

Corona, CA

Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, is wanted in the shooting of three police officers, one fatally, and the murders of a college basketball coach and her fiance.

Oh, and he's an ex-LAPD officer.

Here's the gist. Apologies if it gets complicated. Crazy so often does.

Seems Mr. Dorner filed a complaint against his training officer a while back and was let go. Monica Quan, the daughter of Randy Quan, the officer who was Dorner's representative in his disciplinary hearing, was murdered along with her fiance over the weekend.

This morning someone, presumably Dorner took a shot at a couple of officers working a protection detail, wounding one of them.

Then, not long after someone, also presumably Dorner, ambushed a couple of Riverside police officers in their car, killing one and seriously wounding the other.

How do they know it's Dorner? Easy. His manifesto, of course.

It's long. It's a manifesto, of course it's long. But here's one of the more choice passages.
The Violence of action will be HIGH. I am the reason TAC alert was established. I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty. ISR is my strength and your weakness. You will now live the life of the prey. Your RD's and homes away from work will be my AO and battle space. I will utilize every tool within INT collections that I learned from NMITC in Dam Neck. You have misjudged a sleeping giant. There is no conventional threat assessment for me. JAM, New Ba'ath party, 1920 rev BGE, ACM, AAF, AQAP, AQIM and AQIZ have nothing on me. Do not deploy airships or gunships. SA-7 Manpads will be waiting. As you know I also own Barrett .50's so your APC are defunct and futile.
Did I mention he was in the military? He was in the military.

He is, in a word, troubled. In two words, batshit crazy. Or is that three? Is it hyphenated? I can never remember. Asshole, isn't though, is it? Ass-hole? Asshole?

Whatever. Guy's off his fucking nut and the CHP has issued a 9-county alert looking for this guy's car.

He's driving a 2005 blue or gray Nissan Titan. California license plate is either 8D83987 or 7X09131. Black, 33 years old, 6 feet tall, 270 pounds.

Assume that he is armed. With BIG FUCKING GUNS. The cops certainly are. They've already over-reacted to a blue pickup in Torrance and shot two people who, surprise! aren't Dorner.

So tensions are a touch high. If you see the gentleman in question, stay the fuck away from him, call the cops and get to cover. Even if he doesn't shoot you, the cops might. 

You really don't want to be caught in a cross-fire.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

And now they're hunting for him in Big Bear. Good times. Freaking insane.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

No, I'm not. And I rather resent the accusation that I would be.

I think the LAPD's response to the whole thing was ridiculous and overblown. I'm appalled that they decided to go so whole hog on this guy when other, similar crimes don't get nearly the same level of focus.

The LAPD's response says a lot about their priorities and culture that I'm not crazy about.

Dorner was a murderer, so I'm not going to lose sleep over his death. He made a choice to go around killing innocents simply because it would hurt people who he felt had wronged him over a fucking HR decision.

I don't care how much of your identity you place into your employment there is never a situation where murder is the appropriate response.

Anger? Sure. Resentment? Absolutely. Murder? Are you fucking kidding me?

How does hunting down the daughter of an officer you felt didn't support you well enough during a disciplinary hearing even come close to, "Yeah, that's a good idea"?

I wish he hadn't pulled the trigger, sure. But once he had I wish he had walked up to them unarmed with his hands out and said, "Lock me up. Lock me up so we can have a big trial all over television."

That would either have exposed more problems in the LAPD or shown Dorner as a dangerous crackpot.

But instead of truth exposed in the public square we have a situation where he's dead and conspiracy theorists are jumping out of the fucking woodwork.

No, I'm not glad they burned him alive.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Interesting. That last comment was in response to someone jumping on here asking "Are you glad they burned him alive?"

He seems to have since removed his comment.